BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 1, 2011

A: A really Amazing letter of the Alphabet and a woman named Amy

Today I was reading one of my favorite blogs, which is written by a friend of mine named Amy. She's a cool chick who is really open to sharing her journey in life and self discovery and I am constantly inspired by her. It seems that she has taken on a new project: The A to Z Blogging Challenge.

I have followed Amy on a creative journey before. I was following her Flickr stream when she was first attempting 365 days of self portraits, another instance in which I have been totally inspired and in awe of this woman. I gave the 365 days a shot, too, but I was never nearly as interesting or creative as Amy or the other people I admired. I can't remember exactly how many days I made it, but I think it was around 118.

As soon as I read about the challenge, I thought that it was something that I wanted to do, as well. For months, maybe even a year, it has been in my mind that I want to blog more and work more on my writing. But, today I have been more focused on the time I have to spend with my daughters than on anything else, and I figured I wouldn't come up with anything today and therefore I would fail the challenge immediately.

So, with just a couple of hours left in the day to come up with my "A" topic, I was running words through my mind, trying to decide what to write about. I started writing this entry intending to write about something else, but now that I am into it, I realize that I have already written about an A. AMY.

Of course, now I feel slightly stalkerish and weird....but there you have it. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be writing anything. This specific blog entry is really unremarkable, but I am tired after a horrible night of sleep last night and I know I can't come up with anything better. Hopefully the rest of the month with be better for me, or at least give me one or two days of at least halfway decent prose, but only time will tell. At least this is something to keep me motivated.

And, Amy....THANK YOU....
You wrote today that you need inspiration and you needed to inspire. Well, you inspire me, so hopefully that's worth something.

5 comments:

Laura Josephsen said...

Welcome to the A-Z journey! I followed you back here from my blog--thanks for stopping by and commenting! :)

N. R. Williams said...

You seem a bit lost so I'll give you some easy solutions. I would be overwhelmed if I had to 'write something' everyday. So I figured people would enjoy watching something once in awhile instead of reading about stuff in every post. Therefore, I've scheduled numerous blogs ahead of time with YouTube stuff and the rest will be written. I also want to mention that no one is going to be able to get to all these blogs, so don't feel overwhelmed by that. I intend to do 10 blogs a day and then follow people who comment on my blog back to theirs. Hope that helps.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

Noemi said...

It is good to have someone to look at, it motivates you, inspires you and sometimes it pushes you when you think you can't make it; but I also would like to tell you that you are unique, and that is what makes you special. Don't underestimate you, I have enjoyed your post, and I will coming back everyday to read what you have to say or to show. Sometimes an image is worth more than a thousand words.
Just remember that because you are unique you are different and not because you are less.
A big hug from Spain.

Jennifer said...

Thank you for your comments! I am excited because I've never really received many comments before. I appreciate the helpful hints and the kinds words!

Amy *aka willa* said...

It's really reassuring to know someone out there is reading these thoughts and cares...I am blessed to know you are out there reading and embracing mine. I am STOKED to know you'll be blogging more. I lubba you!!!!