BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

*O* O'ahu

I haven't had much opportunity to travel. Not nearly as much as I would like. But, my wonderful husband has taken me to O'ahu twice. Once in 2008, and then again in 2010, as our late honeymoon. Both times we have stayed in Honolulu, but we have also driven around the island to explore some of the other towns and areas. There is so much to see and experience in the Waikiki area, and I love the laid back feel of the North Shore. I certainly hope someday to see the other islands of Hawaii, but I have loved every second of our stays on O'ahu.

It really is paradise. I can't pick any one thing as my favorite part of either trip. The whole experience was just so amazing. Seeing the memorial for the U.S.S. Arizona at Pearl Harbor was extremely moving and I absolutely loved the Byodo-In temple, which is a replica of an ancient Japanese temple. Hawaiian shave ice can't get much better than that which you get at Matsumoto's. The view after hiking to the top of Diamond Head is breathtaking.
I loved getting up early, spending the morning walking around exploring or going for a run, taking an afternoon nap, and then watching the sunset while having dinner. Of course being with my husband anywhere is my idea of heaven, but our trips to Hawaii have been just about as relaxing and peaceful as possible!
Untitled-4
Untitled-1
Untitled-2
Untitled-3
Untitled-5

1 comments:

Sylvia Ney said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm so glad I found you through the A to Z challenge. I look forward to visiting again.